The Weekly Burst Report is a report published every Sunday meant to centralize and outline the important Burst information of the week.
For starters, my apologies for not issuing a report last week. I was on vacation in the middle of nowhere with less-than-stellar internet connection. This present edition covers the last two weeks (excepted the Weekly Key Data section) – I hope you will like it. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Weekly key data
PoCC development statistics (public repositories)
– Files modified: 22 ↓
– New insertions (+): 434 ↓
– New deletions (-): 107 ↓
Note: this solely indicates the GitHub activity on already released projects. It doesn’t reflect the work the PoCC puts into its private repositories.
– Blockchain transaction volume: 26,178 / +69.4% ↑
– Total wallets: 147,110 / +0.2% ↑
– Burst held in Poloniex & Bittrex: 58.1% / +1.0% ↑
– Estimated Network Size (weekly average): 254 PB / +0.8% ↑
– Public Nodes: 744 / -1.6% ↓
– High / Low: $0.019 / $0.012 USD ↑
– Trade volume / change: $4,523,395 / +337.7% ↑
– Market Capitalisation/ change: $24,904,600/ -1.2% ↓
– Weekly High vs All Time High (%): 15% / +3% ↑
Metrics by @Koru
- The CryptalDash exchange went live this week. Burst trading should be enabled soon.
- The PoCC Burst explorer was briefly down with the fork but is now working properly again.
- Many pools are paying out with Multi-Out Transactions. If you have been wondering where to find the pool payments, see this post.
- Some Burst community members are going to attend the Spot Conference in Hong Kong.
- Nixops is organizing a MacOS/iOS testing group. Don’t hesitate to sign up!
- There is a petition to list Burst on Bitfinex going on. There are currently 340 signees – come on, we can do better!
- A beta of a Homebrew installer for MacOS has been released.
- Burst and ERC20 tokens:
BURST support for ERC20 tokens: https://t.co/SHZrADF90i
— PoC Consortium (@PoC_Consortium) July 17, 2018
There have been some people complaining about a slowdown in development lately, sometimes calling PoCC members into question. I will answer using the own words of the PoC Consortium: “We would like to assure you (and everybody else), that the “build it and they will come” mentality is still here. That has not changed and most certainly has it not changed drastically. Development really only seems to have dozed off from certain members. It’s vacation time, some larger things are being planned and the wallet is considered to be stable. Sure, compared with the frantic development towards 2.X this is Tranquility Base.” Still, as you can see above there is plenty going on and even more behind the scenes.
Thank you and see you next week.
Tom Créance (@Gadrah)
Disclaimer: The Burstcoinist does not endorse nor take responsibility for any project mentioned in the Weekly Report.
Want your Burst-related project to appear in the Weekly Burst Report? Contact me and I can mention it in the next episode.