The Weekly Burst Report is a report published every Sunday meant to centralize and outline the important Burst information of the week.
Core wallet development statistics since last week:
– Files modified: 40
– New insertions (+): 3,787
– New deletions (-): 3,649
- Development of the core wallet is still advancing roughly as planned.
- The multiple releases post-2.0.0 are finally paying off. Before 2.0.4, a lot of wallets were regularly getting stuck, but with the latest version the network is looking much healthier again. We recommend everyone using a 2.0.x wallet to upgrade to 2.0.4.
- We are getting close to 1,000 public nodes – which is an incredible increase compared to only a month ago.
- The source code of the PoC Consortium mobile wallet has been released on GitHub (Android & iOS), with an official release statement by the developers: “we want to affirm the legitimacy of the application by enabling anybody to examine the code […]. It will allow people to directly collaborate and send us pull requests on GitHub for features to be included.”
- The first PoC3 prototype is available on GitHub! This little tool provides (or will provide) the basic PoC3 functionality:
- create a synthetic/artificial PoC3 base plotfile (pre-individualization)
- individualize an arbitrary (correctly padded) file into a PoC3 plot bound to a certain numericId
- de-individualize PoC3 -> base file
- perform mining on PoC3 (partially implemented/simulation only)
The market report is back! Please keep in mind that it shouldn’t be interpreted as any form of trading recommendation or advice. The data might be a tiny bit outdated.
– Weekly (7th-13th April UTC) trade volume / change: $5,488,073 / +78%
– Weekly High / Low: $0.021 / $0.013 USD
– Weekly blockchain transaction volume / change: 31,924 / -2.5%
– Market Capitalisation / weekly change: $36,113,000 / +35%
- Recent (6+ month) price action is dominated by the high at the start of the year that correlates with the Bitcoin high. Since then we have experienced a general downtrend often pausing / consolidating near key fibonacci levels. Around the start of April we have formed a recent bottom and bounced off the support around 208 Sats.
- As well as price, trading volume is a useful confirmation tool. During the mid December rally the increase in volume clearly supported the significant price movement. Current volumes remain low in comparison, so the strength of the current uptrend has yet to be confirmed.
Analysis by @Koru
- The burst-coin.org revamping is progressing very well and should be published within two weeks.
- The crowdfund of 50,000 burstcoins for the BNFT app is complete! See the plan for integration with dates here. pskrzyni81, the organizer of this endeavour, still has many other plans for Burst: he wants to have abc7 news to talk about it.
- Lately we have seen some concern about quantum computers threatening cryptocurrencies. When asked about that, PoC Consortium developer rico666’s answer was straight-forward:
- The We Are Burstcoin blogpost is now live! http://weareburstcoin.blogspot.co.uk
- A new episode of the Harvey Harddrive comic: Gorilla Marketing.
There isn’t much to say about this week, because everyone has found their occupation and are simply busy working on their Burst projects: development, marketing, graphic design… I am glad to see everyone coming together and working hand in hand as a community – this attitude will pay off!
Thank you and see you next week.
Tom Créance (@Gadrah)
Want your Burst-related project to appear in the Weekly Burst Report? Contact me and I can mention it in the next episode.