The Weekly Burst Report is a report published every Sunday meant to centralize and describe the major Burst events that happened during the week.
Core development statistics since last week:
– Files modified: 65
– New insertions (+): 236
– New deletions (-): 1,127
Total since the release of 1.3.6cg: 85,370 insertions (+), 134,027 deletions (-).
- We are less than 10 days away from the Dymaxion launch, and new hints have been made public this week, in addition to what we already know thanks to the interview with some of the PoCC developers.
- In a tweet published on Tuesday, the PoC Consortium made a few things clear. There will be no hard or soft fork on the December 27th, but “while forking will be inevitable in the near future, it will happen in a controlled manner.”
- The countdown page has been updated with a new link on “Stage 2”. It leads to a Burst Heritage Tree picture:
PoC Consortium developer rico666 hinted that some boxes are going to be revealed before the 27th.
What can we understand with the heritage tree? It claims to represent “the technologies that inspired Burst, from its inception to the Dymaxion.” We can see that it is multidimentional and inspired by six different things. Following the color schemes, it looks like there are four main categories of technology leading to the post-Dymaxion Burst. What could they be?
- It is official: the PoC Consortium Burst wallet has been proclaimed the designated successor of the former burst-team wallet (1.2.9). Therefore, the PoCC is going to ditch the “cg” part of their software, and release the next version of the wallet as 2.0.0, probably in January 2018.
- Version 1.5 of Qbundle has been released. It includes mainly fixes in order to improve its reliability. You can see the full changelog and download it on GitHub.
- We are seeing a new update for the Burst subreddit every week. This week’s changes are fewer, but more content based. User flair is now available. All the Dymaxion discussions have been centralized in one megathread. “Each week we are beating the previous weeks in all metrics and Ive noticed a drastic increase in posts per day and user interaction with posts.” @MrPilotMan is still looking for more moderators – you can apply by filling this form.
- @MrPilotMan created a website that allows people to see the block reward back from genesis and out to 2025.
- Boerse.ARD.de, the finance section of ARD – the first state television in Germany – mentioned Burst as an alternative to Bitcoin in a recent article.
- We broke the Burst USD all time high!
- Burst now has its own article on www.bitcoinwiki.org.
- The community managed Burst telegram group reached 500 users today. The Burst Discord group is gaining many new members too. Join the discussion!
We have obviously left the accumulation period that was taking place through october and november. Seeing Burst breaking its all high record in USD is a very encouraging signal, as it means that the confidence of investors has returned into the coin. The efforts that are being made by developers and the community are finally paying off – and we are proud to say that Burst has never been more alive, more taken care of, and more ready to reach its rightful place amongst top cryptocurrencies.
Thank you and see you next week,
Tom Créance (@Gadrah)
If I forgot something in that report, let me know and I will make sure to mention it next week.