The Weekly Burst Report is a report published every Sunday meant to centralize and describe the major Burst events that happened during the week.
- Quibus is working on a huge update for his Windows launcher, soon to be renamed Qbundle. The new version is currently beta tested and will bring many exciting improvements and new features, including:
- The possibility to “install as a service”. It will allow the wallet to run in the background, and to be started automatically if you restart your computer.
- Plotting and mining software (Xplotter and Blago miner) included, but not shipped. This means that when you will click “start mining” it will detect if the miner is installed. If it is not, it will give you the possibility to install it from the launcher. This way, people who are not interested in mining do not have to download and use this software.
Many more improvements are going to be included. Quibus is currently looking for beta testers, feel free to contact him on Discord (Quibus#7655) to get a download link.
- The PoC Consortium greatly improved their Explorer by adding 12 new charts. They are simple, fast and clean. Check them out!
- BurstNation released a new version of their Burst Spy software.
- The domain name of the Burst-Team forum has been changed to burstforum.net. This is a simple change but it now better reflects the nature of the forum. According to Haitch, we should see improvement in uptime as well: “uptime should be better. I dropped a lot on a new server, and will be getting it a partner to make everything fully redundant.”
- The burstcoin.ist revamping is currently taking place and should be live before long. It will greatly improve the appearance and usability of the website, in order to truly make it the go-to source for all things Burst.
- The mobile wallet of the PoC Consortium reached 500 downloads this week. A great beginning for a great application.
- I would like to make a quick shoutout to MrWho, a Burst community member doing a great job with the services he provides through his custom pool and his “Block Catcher” website that automatically uploads the Burst blockchain files every hour.
- Those who have been following the Weekly Burst Report for some time may have noticed that we had a market report section that has now been missing for the 4th time in a row. The reason behind this is that I am now looking for a new market analyst to take care of it and be featured every week in the report. If you are interested, please read this post and send me a personal message.
This week was a bit quieter, but as you can see – and also cannot see yet – many things are in preparation/development stage. We are now in an incomparably better situation than a few months ago, even if the price does not reflect it as the Bitcoin parity has not been broken yet. Still, I am seeing all the drama fading away in favor of relentless development from all sides. Having the Burst community in its entirety working hand in hand to make the coin better is truly one of the best things that can happen right now.
Thank you and see you next week,
Tom Créance (@Gadrah)
PS: if I forgot something in that report, PM me on any forum and I will make sure to mention it next week.