The Weekly Burst Report is a report published every Sunday meant to centralize and describe the major Burst events that happened during the week.
- BurstNation is currently working on the implementation of websockets for the core wallets, so that they don’t rely on direct http requests.
- BurstNation released a new asset tool for asset issuers. It is meant to be a better asset exchange application than directly using the desktop Wallet. You can download it on GitHub.
- BurstNation officials informed me that 3 new pool softwares are currently under development.
- Although The PoC Consortium did not make any significant new release this week, its developers are extremely busy. “All I can say at the moment, is that the dedication of the PoCC members to bring Burst forward is unbowed and after more than two months of Burst development we’re not only more efficient at what we do for Burst, but also start to address more challenging tasks. Not all of this work may be visible immediately and quite some of it also takes longer than a week before we can present it”, declared Rico666 today.
- BurstNation added new functionalities to their all-in-one explorer. Browse all marketplace listings and the Burst peers in addition to the blocks, accounts, transactions and assets! The marketplace pulls the items directly from the Burst blockchain and allows sellers to use images using bbcode [img] tags.
- A few minor modifications have been made on the burst-coin.org website, mainly to list new resources like explorers, mobile wallets and more.
- We are currently organizing things for a complete revamping of the burstcoin.ist news website.
- @Quibus wrote a great document with technical information about Burst mining and blockforging – learn how Burst works behind the scenes!
- A new infographic explaining the Burst mining process has been released. The series of infographic is meant to create good, condensed sources of information easy to share around.
- @Sam_EcoMine created a table referencing the plotting speeds of the different CPUs and GPUs. Useful for plotting optimization.
Our analyst was not available to write this week’s market report. We apologize and will make it up for next week.
This 8th edition marks the end of the first 2 months of existence of the Weekly Burst Report. Many things happened since the attacks that threatened Burst not so long ago. We have a much more stable and secure network, dedicated developers working hard, and a resilient community just waiting to expand. The strengthening of the basics of the coin has been very successful so far and the more exciting things – features improvements and revamping – are just around the corner.
Thank you and see you next week,
Tom Créance (@Gadrah)
PS: if I forgot something in that report, PM me on any forum and I will make sure to mention it next week.